Sunday, September 27, 2009

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

From poetry to plays, our Internet Writing Workshop members have had yet another great week with publishing success across all venues.

Congratulations to this week's crew on all your accomplishments!

Jody
------------------

Barry Basden

"Saved," my micro-story of a Fundamentalist upbringing, is now online in the U.K. ezine, The Recusant.

My flash, "All-American Boy," has been published by Calliope Nerve.


Jeannette Cezanne

My short play, "Mama's Boy," has been selected as part of the Fall Playwrights' Festival at the Provincetown Theater in Provincetown, MA. There was a lot of competition and I'm thrilled to have been chosen. The festival takes place over the first two weekends in November.


Karna Converse

I just received my copy of A Cup of Comfort Book of Christmas Prayer. The book is a collection of scripture, stories and devotions that mark each day from Advent to Epiphany (December 1 to January 6) and will be on the shelves (in hardcover) in October. I submitted four devotions for consideration and am thrilled about the one that was chosen -- it was definitely my favorite!

Cup of Comfort is a paying market. They typically receive 1000 or more submissions for their books.


Stacey Dye

My poem "Rain Dance" is in the Fall Issue of Mused: BellaOnline Literary Review.

I wanted to thank everyone in Poetry who helped me with it.

There is also a really fun bio section listed under 'Contributors' on the right hand side of the TOC. Be sure to check it out!

Thanks for all your support!


Sue Ellis

My book review about Lydia Lopokova, Bloomsbury Ballernina, is up at Internet Review of Books. The editors are a pleasure to work with and I am continually surprised at how much I enjoy the selections they send, which are not necessarily books I'd have chosen off the library shelf. Check it out if you think you might be interested in this biography. It was fascinating.

Week before last at Practice, the assignment called for writing about the road to hell--how an action can lead to unexpected consequences. I tinkered with my submission and sent it off to Calliope Nerve (thanks Barry, for yahooing your wonderful story, which is where I learned of the website). I sent the story in last night and this moring had an acceptance for sometime in October.


Rebecca Gaffron

My short-fiction piece, "Origami," will be included in the October issue of Flash Fiction Magazine.

I'm in good company with Tom at Boston Literary Magazine where my short fiction "The Fencer" is also posted.


Dawn Goldsmith

Glenn Cooper, author of Secret of the Seventh Son, was a guest blogger this week on my Observations blog, and he's posted an original, rousing success story with some great advice. I hope you'll check it out.

Also, Ann Hite turned me on to the blog site A Good Blog is Hard to Find, where my guest blog was just posted.

I am also still in seventh heaven about the popularity of my writing blog, Observations. Today I have a link to a nifty research center that all writers could find fascinating. And Gary Presley, bless his heart, has been hard at work behind the scenes posting a few IWW book covers! Let me know if we missed yours.


Ann Hite

I have two book reviews up at Feminist Review: Man From Kinvara by Tess Gallagher and Kiss the Sky by Farai Chideya.

I loved getting to read Ms. Gallagher's new work before it hit the press; I'm a huge fan of her work. Farai Chideya's book allowed me to step out of my box a little. Enjoy.

My one and only attempt at dark fiction, "Quell The Voices" -- this is a Black Mountain story -- was accepted at Shadowcast for both online publication and their first audio anthology. I'm so excited because this is a new genre for me.

Also, my story "Mister Snake Gets Religion" was accepted by Dew On The Kudzu ezine. They are looking for more southern stories, fiction or nonfiction, and also poems. Check them out.


Carter Jefferson

Camroc Press Review has published a little story of mine, "Don't Write to Me."

If there's one thing I appreciate, it's a good editor. In this case, Barry [Basden] caught an error that would have been quite embarrassing. He also knows how to make whatever he gets better.


Tom Mahony

My short story, "Swell," has just been reprinted in Burst.

My short fiction piece, "Scalp Synergy," is up at Boston Literary Magazine.


Judith Quaempts

The latest issue of Camroc Press Review carries a story of mine, "Thoughts Upon Viewing His Body," critiqued in Fiction.

Thanks to editor Barry Basden for being so supportive to so many of us, and thanks to the fiction critters for their input.


Randy Radic

My review of Across the Endless River is up at Alvah's Books. Thanks to Anna Suknov for the book, and Rebeca for the opportunity.

My review of Sophie Milman's Take Love Easy is up at Basil and Spice. Thanks to Sophie for the CD and to Kelly for the opportunity.


Wayne Scheer

Everyday Fiction just accepted my attempt at surrealism, "Stripped of Innocence," for a future issue.


Joanna M. Weston

I have four haiku up at Lynx. Scroll down; they're with the 'Single poems,' and I'm one happy camper!

No comments: