Sunday, October 18, 2009

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues.

Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody
------------------

Barry Basden

"Cousin Jake," a short remembrance, is in Poor Mojo's Almanac(k). I think they now owe me a T-shirt.

Thanks to those who helped with this one some time ago.

Dew on the Kudzu, a Southern ezine, has put up my short piece, "Days of the V8 Chevy" with a nice photo.

Thanks to those who helped when the piece was even shorter.


Florence Cardinal

My article, "Coffee for Babies," has been posted on Health Central where I have numerous articles on sleep and sleep disorders.


Mira Desai

I’m glad to inform you that my short story has been accepted for a local festival souvenir, the Celebrate Bandra souvenir, that Caferati is putting together. My story, "115 Carter Road," is among two stories selected for print.

Thank you, Internet Writing Workshop, and especially Alice. And thank you, Mister God.


Ruth Douillette

I'm going to follow Sue [Ellis] with a yahoo of my own for a book review by author Michael Greenberg about the trials of making a living from writing: Beg, Borrow, Steal: A Writer's Life. If you're the sort who keeps a pen and pad handy to jot down thoughts and bits of overheard dialogue, let's hope you don't carry this habit quite as far as Greenberg did and recounts in his essay "The Importance of Pronouns."

Sue's review of Patience with God is a good one!

If you check this month's issue of Internet Review of Books, you'll recognize at least five more reviewers among the many.


Sue Ellis

My review of Patience with God, a refreshing perspective on religion written by Frank Schaeffer, is in the birthday issue of this month's Internet Review of Books.

I haven't read all the reviews yet, but I plan to and hope you'll take a look, too. As always, thanks to the editors for being so easy to work with and turning out a great publication.

Also, I'm up at Callussed Hands in the new Issue #9 with a single poem.


Alan Girling

My prose poem thing "By the Road to the Emerald City" is now up at Six Sentences. I'm very happy to be there.

Also, I had a poem, "Marijuana Girl, by N.R. DeMexico" accepted for the upcoming print issue of Gutter Eloquence.


Nicole Green writing as Elizabeth Jerrold

I am an author on Fried Fiction! They post serialized fiction and they're very new and actively looking for authors, so you should consider submitting to them if you're interested in writing serialized fiction. The great thing about it is you don't have to have a finished work. You just need about 1,000 words to get started and after you submit your initial story, if you're accepted as an author you just go in and post new episodes as you're ready.

They're looking for nearly all genres. I think this will be a fun little adventure.

I'm writing YA fantasy for them under the pseudonym Elizabeth Jerrold if you want to check out my Cage Donnovan stories (only one posted so far).


Karyn Hall

My review of The Day the Falls Stood Still is up at Internet Review of Books.

Thanks Julie and Ruth for the opportunity.


Ann Hite

My book review of Whisper To The Black Candle has been published in the Internet Review of Books in the Lasting Impressions portion of the magazine. Give it a read and you'll understand why this book made a lasting impression on me.


Tom Mahony

My short story, "Hippie Market" is being reprinted at ReadShortFiction.


Jeannette Monahan

I just found out I received an Honorable Mention in the 78th Annual Writer's Digest Writing Competition for my story, "A Blender in Parrothead-Land." Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone on the Nonfiction List who critiqued my story for me back in May and helped me improve it. I so appreciate it!


Gary Presley

My memoir is no longer news since it was "hot of the press" a year ago, but this month it received a relatively favorable review up in the Great White North.

It can be read as a PDF file in the Canadian Medical Association Journal.


Randy Radic

My review of T.J. Constable's book on UFOs and etheric energy is up at Alvah's Books. Thanks to the Book Tree for the book and Rebeca for the opportunity.


Wayne Scheer

My fantasy flash, "Stripped of Innocence," is up at Everyday Fiction. It's a departure from my usual "realistic" fare.


Jack Shakely

Taking my cue from Barry and Stacy, I submitted my first 50-word short story to 50 to One, which they are posting today. Go check out 50 to One; it's addictive, and lots of fun.


Virginia Winters

My story, "Freddie's Athabaska," previously critiqued on Fiction, has been accepted for a 2010 issue of The Other Herald.

Thanks to everyone who took a look at it and commented.


Ruth Zavitz

I was one of 12 semi-finalists in the John Kenneth Galbraith Literary Awards short story contest.

No comments: