Monday, October 26, 2009

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues.

Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody
------------------

Barry Basden

My poem, "The Last Time I Saw My Father," is in the Fall Issue of Dogzplot.

Thanks to those who helped when it was a 55-worder.


Amanda Borenstadt

Yay! 50 to 1 used my "1st line."


Sue Ellis

Wild Violet just accepted a lighthearted essay I wrote for practice, "Faces in Odd Places," for a future issue.

If you haven't checked out their site lately, take a peek. They're using some amazing artwork with the stories now. Thanks Practice, for all the comments.


Rebecca Gaffron

I have two pieces up at Ink Sweat and Tears, "In Unison" and "Proxy."

Many thanks for all of you at IWW for your help and support.


Deanna Hershiser

Long Story Short has accepted my flash essay, "Living On Love," for their February issue. It's a bit from the memoir I'm attempting, though I hadn't yet submitted it for critique. Only posted a version of it on my blog last year, and people told me they liked it. Blogs can be good for something.


Randy Radic

My review of Musical Chairs is up at Alvah's Books. Thanks to Jen for the book and Rebeca for the opportunity.


Catherine Robinson

Earlier this month, I got a request to appear on Studio 10, a local morning talk show in Tampa, hosted by Holley Sinn and Jerome Ritchey. They wanted to discuss my review of Capitalism: A Love Story and maybe even my blogging adventures at Out in Left Field.

I agreed to go on the show. Video from the interview and my piece about the experience, "How to survive being on television when you’re a neurotic mess like me. Or not," are now up at Out in Left Field.


Wayne Scheer

Long Story Short has accepted two stories for a future issue. One is an old nonfiction piece, "The Adventures of Bluey Swanson," and the other, "They Can't All Be Gems," recently written for Practice, will be published in their 'About Writing' section.

A humorous flash I wrote recently for Practice, "Summertime Ain't No Time to Sing About," is up at Dew on the Kudzu.

I'm the Featured Author this week at Sniplits, complete with smiling photo. That means this week you can hear my story, "Blind Date," read for only forty-eight cents. Usually, it would cost two cents less than half a dollar.

Also, I was just notified that Flash Me Magazine nominated two of my stories for a Pushcart Prize--"Unspoken Words" and "Morning Routine." Both of these pieces began as Practice exercises, so I have IWW to thank.


Jack Shakely

My memoir "An Oz Memory," is up at Red Room. I know, I know, I should get a day job, but my latest novel is in editor limbo and I itch something awful, but I can't scratch it.


Dan Smith

I have a story, "Hole 18A," posted at Powder Burn Flash, a flash fiction site.


Joanna M. Weston

I have two poems, "Leisure" and "Bedding," in Candelabrum, a small print magazine from Southsea, U.K.

A poem, "Prairie Fall," and a photo of mine are on the latest 'Barrio Poetry Poster.' These posters go to libraries across Canada, an exciting project run by a poet in Ontario. (No website)

No comments: