Monday, November 23, 2009

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues. Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody
------------------

Barry Basden

The Dead Mule has published "My Last Hunts," "After Hours," and "Grackles" in their November issue.

There are weapons in all three poems and at least one disturbing image. Thanks to all who helped with them.


Sue Ellis

Sniplits has my story up, "A Tale of Two Kitties." The narrator, Kailey, really brought it to life. She's great. Thanks, Practice, for commenting on this one!

Ken*Again accepted "Thunderstruck," a story begun in practice, for their spring issue.

Wierdyear accepted "King Me," a strange, very short story I dashed out last Saturday night. It will appear December 1.

And last, my review of Mennonite in a Little Black Dress is up at The Internet Review of Books in the short reviews.


Jody Ewing

I've received word that Iowa Public Television would like to do a feature on Iowa Cold Cases for The Iowa Journal, a series IPTV produces that analyzes and takes an in-depth look at issues impacting Iowans.

I created the Iowa Cold Cases website four years ago (the first statewide site of its kind) in an effort to list and bring together "under one roof" all open cases cross-referenced by city and county with case summaries and/or articles accompanying each victim's case.


Dawn Goldsmith

I've been interviewed at Ancient Artists. It was posted today.


Ann Hite

My story, "Mr. Snake Gets Religion," has been published at Dew On The Kudzu. Enjoy.


Rebecca Kellogg

Two Yahoos to report:

1. My piece "Miracle Chaser" about musician Sam Morris is now live at Miracle Chaser: United Spinal's Action Online Magazine.

2. I have a new blog: CMC | Creative Marketing Campaigns.

If you have a book out and are using a creative marketing campaign to market your work, please get in touch with me about being featured. If you're using a technique that has not yet been featured on the website, and you're willing to share your great idea so others can benefit, I'd love to feature you and give you a little more exposure.


Tom Mahony

My micro piece, "Kook," is up at Fiction at Work.

My essay on ecology, "Mess," is up at LabLit.


Sheri McGregor

I was a guest on the Nature Connection radio show Friday, related to my three hiking books for San Diego County. They welcomed me approximately 45 minutes into the 3-hour show.

You can slide the show fast forward and skip to my 15 minutes of fame--or listen to the whole thing. There was some good conservation information about national parks, etc.


Randy Radic

My review of Seach for Philip K. Dick is up at Basil and Spice. Thanks to Anne Dick for the book and Kelly for the opportunity.

My review of Speaking of Jews is up at Basil and Spice. Thanks to the University of California Press for the book and to Kelly at Basil and Spice for the opportunity.

My review of the Nokia E51 Smartphone is up at Basil and Spice. And it was picked up by Google News.

Thanks to Kelly for the opportunity.


Wayne Scheer

A little flash I like, "On Poetry and Boots That Don't Fit," is up at Breadcrumb Sins. It's the second story, but scroll down slowly. The title is almost longer than the content.

Powder Burn Flash has accepted my crime story, "The Drive to Succeed," for a future issue.

Foliate Oak has accepted my dark holiday tale, "Home for the  Holidays," for their December
issue.

Big Pulp accepted "A Family Affair," for their January 6 issue. Big Pulp accepts the full range of genre stories and pays a penny a word.  They seem to like gore and fantasy with a sense of humor.

"Home for the Holidays" began in Practice and "A Family Affair" was critiqued in Fiction, so I have you guys to thank.


Pat St. Pierre

My story "Grandpa's Not Alone" (juvenile), appears in the November issue of Knowonder magazine.

No comments: