Monday, December 14, 2009

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Here is the latest list of publishing successes by Internet Writing Workshop members. Once again, our writers have found success in a number of venues, and a hearty congratulations goes out to this week's crew!

Jody
------------------

Alan R. Braun

My story, "Freaks" (as A. R. Braun), just came out in the new issue of Downstate Story, a magazine published in Peoria. I'm so thrilled to be featured in such an austere magazine!

My story, "Coven," just came out in the Heavy Metal Horror anthology. WOOT!

My story, "The Interloper," comes out tomorrow in Bonded by Blood 2 through SNM Horror.


Barry Basden

Wearing my floppy editor's hat, I answer questions at Six Questions For... as part of an ongoing project to find out what those folks really want.


Beth Camp

I'm very pleased Camroc Press Review accepted my poem, "The Oracle" which went up December 7.

Barry Basden is an encouraging editor who makes the submission process stress-free and IWW does a wonderful job by providing a community of writers. Thank you all!


Celestine Stoltenberg

I have a piece, "The Great Do-Over," up at 50-to-1.

Short but sweet. My first publication in six years.


Ellen Lindquist

Ellen Lindquist's short, surrealistic flash fictions "Properly Pedigreed Snails" and "Eskimo Pie Psychosis" are in the October, 2009 issue of Clockwise Cat. Her mother isn't going to understand these two...


Ginny Wagner

One of my practice pieces, "Afternoon Delight," will be running in Apollo's Lyre December issue beginning on approximately December 20, 2009. Thanks to all on practice who critiqued it.


Jan Bridgeford-Smith

My article, "All That Glittered: The Rise and Fall of Sarah Coventry," is now available on-line at Life in the Finger Lakes. It was originally published in the magazine's 2009 Summer edition.

As always, I credit the feedback and support from IWW members for any worthwhile (or paid) writing I produce. Thanks folks.

My six-word memoir will be published in Smith Magazine's forthcoming anthology, It All Changed in an Instant: More Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure.

My reaction to this honor? Six words. One thought. Pulitzer Prize.

My story, "Details," was accepted for publication on Weirdyear. It will appear on the front page January 8, 2010.

A special thanks to all my colleagues on the Practice List for the helpful feedback on a variation of this piece. As ever, their suggestions and support are invaluable.


Jeannette Angell

I have a piece in the 50-to-1 blog also ... "Love Can be Murder."

50 words exactly! Whew!


Joanna M. Weston

Two poems, "Single" and "Street Square," are up at Pemmican Press.


Judith Quaempts

Just learned one of my first lines has been accepted by 50-to-1 and is already up. What's really great is that I'm sharing space with two other IWW members, Alice and Amanda.


Kathy Highcove

My story "A Higher Calling," is up on The ShadowCast Audio Anthology, an ezine with a difference. Editor Jason Warden provides a reading of one's story, or gives the writer the option of sending in a recording IF the story is accepted. I let Jason do the honors with my flash and he was a credible Creole woman with attitude. Drowned daid.


Mark Budman

My Six-Word Memoir will be published in the new book, It All Changed in an Instant: More Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure, published by Smith Magazine. I was published in the original one, too.


Michael Wright

My poem, "Why I Am Not A Musician," is up at Poor Mojo's Almanac(k).


Paul Stenquist

A mini yahoo for a mini New York Times blog: "Chevrolet Volt or Jelly Doughnut? An Old Michigan City Will Make Both."


Randy Radic

My review of Brigitte Zarie's new CD is up at Basil and Spice.

Thanks to Brigitte and Neil for the CD, and thanks to Kelly for the opportunity.

My review of a TIMEX product is up at Basil and Spice.

Thanks to Tristan at TIMEX and Kelly at Basil and Spice.


Sue Ellis

My story, "King Me," is up at Weirdyear.

This is a neat little site for odd stories, which I tend to write if I stay up past 10 PM. The stories headline for a day, and then can be accessed by clicking on 'previous.' The editor responds quickly, too.


Tom Mahony

My flash, "Idiot" is being reprinted in The Foghorn.


Wayne Scheer

I have a warm and fuzzy Christmas story up at Foliate Oak, "Home for the Holidays." It started as a Practice exercise, so thanks for those critiques.

An old comic story of mine critiqued in Fiction, "Doing Battle," has been accepted for the March issue of The Shine Journal.

No comments: