Sunday, January 3, 2010

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members are already off to a great start this year with a number of publishing successes in various venues.

Congratulations to this week's crew, and may 2010 bring success to all our members!

Jody
------------------

Amit Sharma

I have a short story up at Muse India.


Anita Saran

This little 10 sentence story will be included in a print anthology by Pen 10 Scribes.

Why not give the site a shot? Sign up and submit. No pay but you'll be in print. It's certainly a challenge to say a lot in 10 sentences or less.

Also up on Suite101, two new pieces: "Building Brands: What Makes a Leading Brand?" and "How to Hire Good Creative People" on how ad agencies find these creative people.

These articles and many others are based on the notes of the famous former international creative director of Ogilvy & Mather - Drayton Bird - who actually allows me to use the collection of notes he used to send us when I was with O&M. Lucky me.


Gary Presley

My book review of Shine on Me: The Story of Margaret Vizinau, A Determined African-American Woman and Her Faith in God by D. Dexter Vizinau is on Foreword Magazine's online venue.

The other night I began thinking about a former boss roped into a trip from Missouri to Maryland to take care of some unpleasant family business. He drove home in 18 hours and probably would have made the trip non-stop if his car had had a big enough gas tank. Remembering that trip inspired the story "What Keeps Us Together," now up at Camroc Press Review.


Joanna M. Weston

My poem, "Christmas Tea," is up at Poor Mojo's Almanac(k) -- memories of long ago and far away!


Mel Jacob

I have the following book reviews up this month:

At SFRevu:

Brain Thief by Alexander Jablokov - A convoluted plot that pits a young executive assistant against an unknown enemy that may be human or a machine. Quasi horror urban sci-fi.

The Spirit Lens: A Novel of the Collegia Magica by Carol Berg - Prolific and award winning author Carol Berg keeps the reader on edge as she recounts the efforts of Portier de Savin-Duplais, librarian and failed mage, in The Spirit Lens as he investigates who wants his cousin the king dead. Mages, demons, and sorcerers.

Through Stone and Sea: A Novel of the Noble Dead by Barb & J.C. Hendee - Young sage Wynn Hygeorht, a vampire Chane, and a telepathic dog struggle to locate mysterious texts of old gods, demons, and vampires. An evil Wraith trails them bent on freeing his god and regaining a corporal body.

Wild Hunt by Margaret Ronald - A young messenger finds herself involved with ghosts and other demons in this urban fantasy.

Book Reviews at Gumshoe Review:

Dead Air: A Talk Radio Mystery by Mary Kennedy - A talk show host becomes embroiled in the murder of a guru. With the help of her mother, an aging actress with surprising talents, she unmasks the villain.


Mira Desai

I'm delighted to announce that my story, "Maestro," has been published in the January 2010 issue of the California Writers Club West Valley newsletter. Major thanks to Kathy Highcove.

I'm kicked with the page design too--a perfect fit to the story.


Randy Radic

My blog about 2012 is up at Basil and Spice. Thanks to Kelly for the opportunity and the Mayans for the idea!

My review of Poetry Unplugged is up at Basil and Spice. Thanks to Kelly for the opportunity.


Sue Ellis

I have a poem and its inspiration, a digital snapshot, up at Ink Sweat and Tears.


Tom Mahony

My novel, Imperfect Solitude, will be published by Casperian Books in the spring of 2011. Thanks to those on Novels-L who suffered through the book and offered invaluable comments and suggestions.


Virginia Winters

My story, "Clarice," previously yahooed here, is now up at the Gumshoe Review.


Wayne Scheer

My story, "The Telephone Call," critiqued recently in Fiction, was accepted at Left Hand Waving, an interesting site looking for first-person stories "of approximate truth." They expect the story to be up the middle of the month.

The Whistling Fire has accepted my story, "My Neighbor's Secret," for a future issue.

Thanks to all.


William Ward

Two of my poems have been accepted by Avocet: A Journal of Nature Poems for their Spring edition!

My very first publications. I am excited.

Thanks to all.


No comments: