Monday, April 5, 2010

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues. Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody

------------------

Ann Hite

For those of you who have lived with me through the years of struggling writer, the contracts with Simon & Schuster were signed today. I am now officially a Simon & Schuster author. Pinch, Pinch. It's real! I'm on my way out the door to celebrate! Downtown Atlanta here I come! I still can't believe it!


Kathleen Jordan

My short story is up in Dead Mule but I changed the title from "The Lottery" (critted in Fiction) to "Thousands of Chances to Win," and it's under my pen name Kathleen McClain.


Liza Larregui

My story, "Devine Intervention" will be published by Pill Hill Press for their Daily Flash Anthology book set to be released in December!


Mel Jacob

I have the following book reviews published this week.

Going, Gone: A Gail McCarthy Mystery by Laura Crum, Perseverance Press
Paperback ISBN/ITEM#: 9781880284988
Laura Crum's eleventh novel featuring Gail McCarthy, Going Gone, provides a leisurely read with plenty of Sierra Nevada scenery, horses, and mother love.

Random Violence: A Jade de Jong Investigation by Jassy Mackenzie, Soho Crime
Hardcover ISBN/ITEM#: 9781569476291
IWW's own Jassy's debut novel Random Violence, set in South Africa, is filled with it as private investigator Jade De Jong works to solve a series of murders and to avenge the death of her father that occurred ten years earlier. The dark underside of Johannesburg provides the setting. Economic growth and corruption feature prominently.


Tom Mahony

My story, "Three Waves," is up at matchbook.


Wayne Scheer

My story, "Sweet Potato Pie and the Word," is up at Dead Mule. If you go there, you'll notice a number of familiar names.

I just discovered that Everyday Weirdness published my silly story, "Rethinking Normality," yesterday. But the wonders of the Internet allow you to go back in time and relive yesterday's weirdness.

In keeping with the season of silliness, my story, "Zen and the Art of House Painting," will be included in Awkward Two, a print anthology published by Awkward Press.

------------------

No comments: