Monday, April 12, 2010

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

It's been another great week for Internet Writing Workshop members, who have a number of new publishing successes to report.

Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody

------------------

Florence Cardinal

My article "Diet and Sleep" is up on Health Central.


Sue Ellis

My story "City Delivery" is up at Weirdyear.

I had encouraging emails this morning, too. The Shine Journal has accepted a short story begun at Practice, lengthened and honed at Fiction. Thanks so much to everyone who critiqued.

The Shine Journal also accepted a poem, "A Lesson in Fire," about my dad. Both are to appear in July.


Alice Folkart

Poor Mojo's Almanac(k) is featuring my poem "Hawaiian Night" this week.


Liza Larregui

My story, "The Reunion" is now up at Weirdyear, and "The Journey Home" is posted on Daily Love as well.


Catherine Robinson

My bi-weekly column in the Tribune seems to be going well. They don't run every column online, not sure why...but they did this week. It's called "5 People You Meet on the Way to a Biopsy."

I was also offered a bi-weekly column in Creative Loafing's print edition starting May 12th. It will be a column devoted to wacky parenting stories. Think Erma Bombeck with sarcasm and curse words, kind of like my website.

Thanks to everyone here for their continued help -- you teach me more than you know!


Anita Saran

Here's our very own Jonjo's/Jackie's review of my book, Circe, up at Sherry Gloag's The Heart of Romance. I think this one's my favourite of the three I've got till now. It makes much of the humour -- just as it should.


Wayne Scheer

My story, "Cosmic Joke," written for Practice, is up at Weird Year.

My story, "An Orderly Life," has been accepted at ken*again for its summer issue. This started as a flash in Practice and developed into a longer story, critiqued in Fiction. So I have a lot of people to thank for this publication.


Jack Shakely

My book review of Laura Buyer's When I Went West appears in the April issue of the Western Writers of America magazine, Roundup. Unfortunately the WWA magazine isn't on the Internet yet, so if you are not a subscriber, this yahoo is the sound of one hand clapping (must be a cowboy thing).

------------------

No comments: