Monday, April 26, 2010

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues. Congratulations to our latest crew!

Jody

------------------

Florence Cardinal

My article "The Pillar Procedure for Snoring and Sleep Apnea," is posted at Health Central.


Sue Ellis

"Faces in Odd Places" is an essay I wrote for a Practice exercise. Thanks so much, Practice, for helping with this one. Looks like a lot of changes at Wild Violet, including some ongoing contests. Check it out!


Rebecca Gaffron

My prose poem "Letter to Odysseus" appears in the latest issue of Birmingham Arts Journal. Many thanks to Sue, Alice and Wayne for introducing me to this wonderful publication.


Liza Larregui

My story, "Roses are Dead," is up today at Thrillers, Killers 'n' Chillers.


Sheri McGregor

The 2d Edition of one of my hiking books has gone into its second printing, and is now carried at several of the Costco Warehouse stores in my region. In addition, I'll be doing a series of booksignings over the next few weeks at those stores.


Gary Presley

Every time I attempt to write a piece of fiction, it begins strangely and ends oddly. But the editor at Camroc Press Review seems to like it...


Sharde L. Richardson

My piece, "The Final Salute," was accepted by The Birmingham Arts Journal for their upcoming issue. It will be available to read through pdf from the website on the 22nd. I can't thank the folks in P-prose enough for their help.


Catherine Robinson

My regular column is up at The Tampa Tribune about my breast biopsy and other fun observations.

My latest column at Creative Loafing, about the importance of having children...or not, also is up.


Rebeca Schiller

This is a bit premature, but I'll be writing book reviews for Dan's Papers twice a month, starting in May. Dan's Papers is a regional publication based the Hamptons. Its reach is primarily Long Island, New York City and the boroughs.


Pat St. Pierre

My poem, "Words Find Themselves on Paper," has been published under Poetric Expressions in The Writer's Haven Magazette Online.

My short story "Bravery When It's Needed" has been published in the Feb/March issue of My Light Magazine (for children).


Wayne Scheer

My story, "Aging Gracefully," has been accepted at Bartleby-Snopes for their May edition.

My story, "The Nude Beach," will appear in the next issue of Literary House Review.

Apollo's Lyre has accepted, "Magic," a humor piece I wrote for Practice. They plan to publish it in their June issue.

My story, "Choosing to Live," has been accepted by Skyline Magazine. Skyline is a print publication. The story was reviewed in Fiction.


Barbara Weitbrecht

My self-published Kindle book, "Ten Dragons: a chapbook" is now live on Amazon.

Five of the ten stories in the book were originally posted and critiqued on the "Practice" list. For those of you who remember, they're the tales about Sir William, the wyrm slayer. Thank you for the insight and assistance.


Joanna M. Weston

My abecedarian, "Zoned out," is in the print edition of The Feathertale Review #6, p. 31. I'm just sorry not everyone gets to read it!


Virginia Winters

My story, "Freddie's Athabaska," has been published in The Other Herald. Thanks to all who critiqued it several months ago.

------------------

No comments: