Monday, August 23, 2010

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

What do sleeping pills, public television, tennis and early retirement have in common? They're just a few of the topics covered by Internet Writing Workshop members in this week's list of publishing successes.

Congratulations to all for some well-written articles and stories and, above all, some downright entertaining and informative reads!

Jody

------------------

Florence Cardinal

My article, "Warning: Sleep Plus can be addictive and dangerous," is up at Health Central.


Jack Shakely

My opinion piece on the future (or lack thereof) of public television was published Sunday in the Los Angeles Times -- both print and online.


Joanna M. Weston

My poem, "One ditch too many," is up at Ascent Aspirations magazine.


Judith Quaempts

My review of Dorothy Parker Complete Poems is up at the Internet Review of Books.


Mark Budman

My Story "Eternal Love" that was critiqued here has been accepted by Annalemma magazine.

Thank you Wayne, Mel, Roger and Gerald for your crits.


Mira Desai

I’m thrilled to announce that my translation of a Gujarati short story by Shri Pravinsinh Chavda, "The Selected Works of Pushpak Bhandari," has been published in Brooklyn Rail in translation.


Paul Fein

In the 2009 United States Tennis Writers’ Association Writing Contest, I won 1st Place in the “Service” category for my article, “Lessons from the French Open.” I also won 2nd Place in the “Column/Commentary” category for my article, “The Foot Fault that Freaked out Serena.”

The awards were my 8th First Place and 5th Second Place in this contest in the past 10 years.

I would like to thank Gary Presley, Diane Diekman, Grace Skibicki, June Gallant, Ellen Dreyer, Cathy Moses, Jessica Jacobson, Sheri McGregor, Ruth Douillette, Judy Stock, Rebeca Schiller, Nina Iyer, Jeannette Monahan, Kate Reynolds, May Yeung, Mariane Crone, and all the other writers in our outstanding group whose critiques have greatly helped improve my articles for the past five years.


Wayne Scheer

Modern Senior Living has reprinted an essay about my choice to take an early retirement, "Wayne Has Left the Building."  The new issue is expected online soon.

Poor Mojo's Almanac(K) has published my humorous rant, "A Good Catchphrase," which began in Practice.

Wild Violet has accepted my flash, "Young Love," for its next issue, which should be up soon.

Thanks to Practice for inspiring both of these stories.

------------------

No comments: