Monday, March 28, 2011

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues.

Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody

------------------

Peter Bernhardt

I just learned that The Stasi File survived the second cut in the 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest in the general fiction category to the 250 quarter finalists out of the original 5,000 submissions. Keep your fingers crossed for the next tough cut down to the 50 semi finalists.


Jeannette de Beauvoir

I was interviewed on the Work at Home network about starting a freelance writing business.


Mira Desai

I'm glad to announce that the Spring 2011 issue of The Massachusetts Review features my translated story, "Lines on the Wall." The original story in Gujarati, "Bhoosavu," was written by Pravinsinh Chavda.

Grateful to Practice group, IWW as always.


Lynne Hinkey

My review of Raising Elijah is up at the Internet Review of Books. Fans of horror novels - this is for you! One of the best written, most balanced (yes, this IS the balanced perspective) reviews of the environmental issues threatening our children I've read.

Thanks to everyone at IRB for herding all the reviewer-cats!


Ann Hite

Check out my review at Internet Review of Books.


Lara Kairos

My story, "One Night After the War," has been accepted by Every Night Erotica and posted to their website on March 24.

My thanks to everyone who critiqued the story and helped me improve it!


Tom Mahony

My essay, "Time-Sensitive Obligations" is up at the surf site The Inertia.


Elaine Moore

My poem, "Strength," is up at The Camel Saloon. It began as a writing exercise in another group I belong to.


Sarah Morgan

My essay, "Kingfisher," recently critiqued on the Nonfiction list, has been accepted by Bluestem magazine (formerly known as Karamu). I wrote "Kingfisher" a couple of years ago. It's had a number of rewrites, and it took a bit to find the thread, but now it has a home and I'm very happy.

By the way, the editor at Bluestem, Lania Knight, has been great to work with. No changes requested, and I'm now trying to record a reading of the piece. It will go live in their June online issue.

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to all those on NF who read it and made suggestions. IWW rocks!


Behlor Santi

Healthy U, the magazine that accepted my kidney bean article, has just accepted another one of my pieces! In fact, I will publish articles back to back, in April 2011 and May 2011. My article this time is about the joys of Greek yogurt... Chobani or Fage, take your pick.


Anita Saran

I feature in a nationally distributed newspaper today. The subject is e-publishing. It's quite the rage in India, too.


Wayne Scheer

My flash, "The Complexity of Love," is up at The Camel Saloon.

A new site, Eric's Hysterics, featuring humor, has accepted my nonfiction piece, "My Left Foot," which I wrote with the Practice  group. No word when the story will be published.

My story, "Harold's Eulogy," is up at Every Day Fiction. Thanks to Fiction for help with this one.

This is a different Yahoo than usual. IWW's Mona, (Montana Scribbler), has featured me on her website. Amazingly, she's collected my Yahoos through the years. I'm genuinely flattered. (See March 21.)

Apollo's Lyre has accepted three of my stories, "Waiting," "The Winter Coat" and "The Photograph," for their Bouquet of shorts section. Each story is under 250 words. The stories will appear in the June issue.

Birmingham Arts Review, a print publication, has accepted my story, "The Marriage Counselor," for their April issue.


Jack Shakely

This is a modified, mini-yahoo. Call it my 50-word nonfiction sports piece.

My letter praising Duke Snyder and his fans appears in this week's issue of Sports Illustrated.


Joanna M. Weston

I have three poems up at Mused: The Hummingbird (in honour of Kate Sutherland); The Coward, and Where Lilac Leans.

I also have one poem, "Keep childhood," in the print journal Canadian Woman Studies.

No comments: