Monday, June 13, 2011

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues. Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody

------------------

G. K. Adams


My flash fiction, "Crayons," is up at Liquid Imagination under literary fiction.

It is in audio with "animation" in addition to written words. It's the first time I've heard my own work read aloud, and it's kinda weird. Thank you for all the help and suggestions.

---

Bill Backstrom

I did a Yahoo in May when I heard Fiction 365 liked my story, "The Juror," but it is now published on their site.

Thanks for all the crits I received when I submitted it in fiction.

---

Barry Basden

My story, "Checkout," is in issue 19 of Emprise Review.

"Ray Drove the Highways" has been accepted as a 25-word Google ad story by matchbook. I'll let you know when it's posted in the cloud and the search words that may find it. What fun.

This acceptance came with a couple of rejections from other venues I covet--better than the ratio I've become accustomed to.

---

Mark Budman

My story, "Odnoklassniki," which was work-shopped here in 2010, got accepted by The Literary Review, the publication of Fairleigh Dickinson University.

---

Sue Ellis

I have a poem at The Shine Journal this quarter.

Skyline Review's third edition, 2010/2011, which contains my short story, "The Disappearance of PFC Ned Lansing," is for sale at Amazon for 99 cents.

Or, the gorgeous paper version or a free nook email version (hope I got the terminology right) is at Skyline Review.

It is also at ABE Books online and will soon be available at Barnes and Noble.

My review of Frank Schaeffer's latest book, Sex Mom and God, is live at Internet Review of Books, and the author left a comment.

---

Mel Jacob

I have the following book reviews up in the June issue of SFRevu.com:

  • Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse) by James S.A. Corey
  • The Plain Man by Steve Englehart
  • Thistle Down by Irene Radford

The following book reviews are in the June issue of GumshoeReview.com:

  • As the Crow Flies by Maris Soule
  • Counterfeit Madam: A Gil Cunningham Mystery by Pat McIntosh
---

Lorri McDole

Two acceptances today -- a red letter day!

My story "Mail Order" has been accepted as a Google ad story by Matchbook. I think they run them in small batches, so it will likely be posted the same time as Barry's. The stories will appear both on the Matchbook website and as a Google ad (sometimes) when certain search words are used.

My essay "Dig" has been accepted into the anthology YOU, An Anthology of Essays in the Second Person. This anthology will be published by Welcome Table Press at the end of this year.

---

Sarah Morgan

My essay, "Kingfisher," is now live at Bluestem in their June 2011 online quarterly issue. I am very pleased this one found a home.

It was critiqued on the nonfiction list, so a big shout out to you all for helping make this one fall into the "accepted" basket.

Also, check out the other fine contributors writing poetry, nonfiction and fiction. I am in great company here!

---

Eric Petersen

My short story, "They Don't Care Who Pays," has been published by Flashes In The Dark.

Thanks to the critters on Prose-P - your suggestions helped me tune up the story and make it much better!

---

Walter Ramsay

My novel, Beneath the Dune, is now available through Amazon as a paperback, and in a week or so, as a Kindle. It will also be available through Barnes and Noble, Sony, Kobo, Apple, Diesel and Scrollmotion. The time frame on them will vary. I do not handle that end of the publishing.

---

Jacquelynn Rasmenia Massoud

My story, "Wyoming at Home," has been accepted by the Lowestoft Chronicle and is now online in their summer issue.

Thanks to everyone in Fiction who helped me out with this one.

---

Catherine Robinson

I was asked to write a guest column for The Washington Post about accountable parenting. It is now available online.

---

Monideepa Sahu

My first book, Riddle of the Seventh Stone, has recently been published in India by Zubaan Books, an associate of Penguin India. It's a fantasy adventure novel for children.

This page contains links to all reviews, interviews and press.

The book is now available on Amazon.com as well as in Indian bookstores.

Thanks to this wonderful workshop, the best place for writers from all corners of the world to meet on the web. I've learnt just about everything I know about writing here, and made some precious friends.

---

Bob Sanchez

Midwest Book Review just published Carter's review of Little Mountain.

---

Wayne Scheer

My creative nonfiction essay, "Hope Springs Eternal," is available in the current issue of Flashquake. The essay was originally written for the Practice group, so my thanks go to them. My work is on page 42; good luck navigating the site.

Thanks to Kathy Highcove, my (mostly) nonfiction essay, "Prophylactica," is up at her California Writers Club newsletter, In Focus. I wrote this a long while ago after visiting what is now the Republic of Georgia and what was then still part of the Soviet Union. I edited out the politics, which are no longer relevant and kept what I hope is a funny human interest tale. My story is on page 12.

My story, "Three Generations," is up at Fiction 365. Thanks go to the Fiction group for their help with this one.

My story, "Father and Son," is up at Long Story Short.

---

Scott Wiggerman

After a year and a half of hard work, Wingbeats: Exercises and Practice in Poetry has arrived. A collection of exercises by poets ranging from Naomi Shihab Nye to Patricia Smith, Matthew Zapruder to . . . Scott Wiggerman, I am extremely proud to have co-edited this book, which I hope will become a standard in every poet's library.

Click here for a complete list of contributors and other information.

---

No comments: