Monday, September 19, 2011

IWW Members' Publishing Successes


Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues. Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody

------------------

Barry Basden

My little Google ad story, "Ray Drove the Highways," will pop up in searches this week, or you can see it with many others in Matchbook today.

Thanks to everyone who helped with it.

~~~

Jan Bridgeford-Smith

My short story, "Grace's Good Intentions," will be included in the December launch issue of Lady Ink Magazine along with work by another IWW member, Sue Ellis--AND they're still soliciting submissions… poems, essays, stories… so, all you writer folks, another market!

~~~

Ann Hite

Ghost On Black Mountain has hit the bookstores running. Book launch was wonderful with 92 copies sold. Publication has been a long time coming.

I’ve been on this list almost as long as Rick, so a lot of you guys have watched me grow and struggle. Here’s to all the old-timers on here that made me a better writer (Rick, Wayne, and Carter just to mention a few).

When I stood in front of the crowd yesterday, I couldn’t help but think of all the crits my Black Mountain stories received here. Thank you all.

~~~

Debbie Kerr

Thanks for the tip regarding Lady Ink Magazine.  They will be publishing my poem "Half-Time Mother" in December.

~~~

Mona Leeson-Vanek

Thanks to Ann Hite's wonderful Yahoo, Internet Writers Workshop gets plugs on The North Palouse Washington e-Newscast, and also on Montana Scribbler.

Congratulations Ann!

~~~

Judith Quaempts

My non-religious short story, "Born Again," is now up at Corner Club Press.

~~~

Catherine Robinson

Here are two columns from this past week/weekend for your (hopeful) amusement:

Here's my column about spying on your kids from last week's Creative Loafing. As always, all comments/feedback are welcome!

The Tampa affiliate of CBS nominated my blog, Out in Left Field, as most valuable blog in Tampa for Lifestyle/Family (go to the Lifestyle tab to see it). The voters voted for me and so I won!

~~~

Wayne Scheer

Apollo's Lyre has accepted three of my shorter flashes--"Newly Married," "Perfume" and "Seeing the Light"--for the Bouquet of Shorts section.

The flash editor, Jim Harrington, is a pleasure to work with and he's looking for flashes of all kinds, especially ones under 250 words. My stories will appear in the December 20 issue.  No money, but the fame is priceless...

~~~

Pat St. Pierre

After a long dry spell I finally received an acceptance. My flash fiction "Waiting for Tomorrow" was accepted by Long Story Short for their October issue.

No comments: