Tuesday, November 29, 2011

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues. Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody

------------------

Barry Basden

"Saved, Nevertheless" has been published in Pure Slush's religion issue. I also answered their odd questionnaire.

Thanks to all who commented on this flash.

~~~

Les Denham

For my brother's birthday present (his birthday was last week) I wrote the narrative of a 5000km drive across Australia we made together in 2007, illustrating it copiously with photos we took, and had it printed as a hardcover, 164-page "coffee table" book by Lulu.com.

At the birthday party the book was handed around and many of the guests asked about getting a copy for themselves. One guest, who is Assistant Manager of an independent bookstore in a rural city in NSW asked if she could get a few copies to sell in her store. As a result I ordered three copies to be shipped to her last night.

~~~

Margaret Hamill

My memoir, Two Small Candles and a Little Pine Tree is now in print in the Dec./Jan. issue of Looking Back Magazine. It's probably available in your local book store, or by subscription.

~~~

Mel Jacob

Sold a Valentine's Day story, but no idea when it will be issued. The publisher wants to put it in an anthology because it's short.

Christmas anthology Warmest Christmas Wishes, Melange Books, is now scheduled Dec 4. So it will be out for Christmas!

~~~

Barbara C. Johnson

Why I didn't sleep with Mitt Romney . . . and . . . exclusive article to be released on Monday, November 21st, 2011.

Thanks to all who helped by critiquing.

~~~

Tom Mahony

My story, Rough N' Tender, is up at Diddledog.

~~~

M. Elaine Moore

My very, very short story, "Possessive," is live today at One Forty Fiction.

My poem, "Thankful," joins Pat. St. Pierre's today at the Camel Saloon.

My teeny, tiny story, "Letting Go," is live at 50 Word Stories.

~~~

Loretta Carrico-Russell

My opinion piece on people who collect recyclables was published today in our local daily. It looks little like the original I submitted and it had to be just 600 words - but it found a home! Thank you to all who helped me with this.

~~~

Bob Sanchez

Sarah Morgan posted a very nice review of Little Mountain, and Rasana Atreya gave five stars to When Pigs Fly.

~~~

Wayne Scheer

My story, "The Revenge of the Words," is up at Eric's Hysterics. Thanks to all who helped with this one.

My flash, "Early Morning Reverie," begun in Practice, has been accepted at Pure Slush. It will be published some time in December.

An old story, "Dauntless," was accepted for the inaugural issue of Sole Literary Magazine of Mary Washington University.

My story, "Quiet Desperation," is up at Fiction365. Thanks to the fine folks at Fiction for their help with this one.

My poem, "A Once-in-a-Lifetime Deal," is up at The Camel Saloon. Alice Folkart is to be held responsible for me thinking I can write poetry.

My flash, "Mysterious Ways," has been accepted by Dead Mule for their December issue. This story began as a Practice exercise.

~~~

Pat St. Pierre

My flash fiction "A Fork in the Road" is up today at www.dailylove.net.

Thanks to all who helped to critique.

My poem "Paths on the Beach" (Nonet style) is posted on the Camel Saloon.

My poem "Ingredients" is up at the Camel Saloon.

~~~

Joanna M. Weston

I have two poems in the annual Constellations: A Journal of Poetry and Fiction, edited by Nina Alonso. It is a very elegant print journal.



No comments: