Monday, February 6, 2012

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

I'm honored to introduce to our readers and Internet Writing Workshop members your new blog-mistress, Judith Quaempts, who will now collect and report the IWW's weekly publishing successes. You'll find her first batch below, which I'm pleased to publish for her while she fine tunes her browser and prepares for the week ahead.

Judith is a longtime IWW member and currently serves as co-administrator for our Novels-L list. She lives in rural eastern Oregon where open space abounds. She has a cat with severe halitosis which keeps the neighbors from dropping in too often. When she isn't writing, she reads, walks, bikes, and gardens.

Please join me in giving Judith a warm welcome and wishing her the very best in her new IWW endeavor.

Additionally, we offer congratulations to this week's members who found publishing success in a wide range of venues! Keep up the great work!

Jody
 
------------------

Bill Backstrom

My flash "Mondays" is up at OneFortyFiction today (Friday Feb 3rd).

~~~

Beth Camp

Just wanted to say thank you and YAHOO! for a short story, "The Namesake Quilt" started in response to an IWW PRACTICE prompt ("lost and found") a few months back.

The story got picked up for the Country Register's Feb/March 2012 issue, now out in newsletter format in Washington, Eastern Oregon, and Southern Idaho. This crafting newsletter is a wonderful resource for quilters.

You can read the story on my blog.

~~~

Mel Jacob

I have the following book reviews at Gumshoereview.com:

  • And She Was by Alison Gaylin
  • Little Mountain by Bob Sanchez
  • The Man from Primrose Lane: A Novel by James Renner 
  • Murder in a Basket: An India Hayes Mystery by Amanda Flower
  • Shear Murder by Nancy J. Cohen

I also have the following reviews at SFrevu.com:
  • Apocalypse to Go by Katharine Kerr
  • The Ruined City by Paula Brandon 
  • Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed

~~~

Carole Lane

I am featured today as the "Spotlight Author" on Time For Love. Christina has included a couple of my book cover designs.

~~~

Mona Leeson-Vanek

I wanted to spread the word, and encourage library use, plus tout IWW, so this article went live today.

~~~

Bob Sanchez

Patricia Stoltey is kindly hosting me at her blog, where I have a post about finding the time to write. I hope you'll stop by and say hello.

~~~

Wayne Scheer

I just got a note from the editor of Eunoia Review letting me know that my story, "The Transition," has been up since December 31.

My flash, "Beach Fantasy," has been accepted by Absinthe Revival for their Summertime Anthology.

Infective Ink has accepted my short story, "The Affair," for their March issue.

~~~

Pat St. Pierre

My photo Ice and Icicles is up at A Day's Encounter.

Decades Review accepted my black and white photo "Skeleton Tree."  Guess my new camera helped!

Will send link when published.


No comments: