Monday, May 7, 2012

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues. Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody

------------------

Jeannette de Beauvoir

Just realized that a novel I ghostwrote became available back in March (better late than never, I expect!) -- if anyone's interested, it's called Her Hero's Salvation (I didn't pick the title) by Ruby Chevalier (I didn't pick the name) and is a ... gasp! ... romance novel.

Yeah, let's face it, I'm a word slut. Pay me to write and I'll write it. Yahoo, anyway.


Mira Desai

I’m delighted to announce publication of a short story, "Brittle," in Them Pretentious Basterds, a smart, cool magazine out of Chennai. The artwork is amazing.
(See page 45)

The great Mughal Emperor, Jehangir, is believed to have said about Kashmir, “If there is Paradise on earth, it is this, it is this, it is this.” My very modest attempt to salute this enchantment, “These Secrets of Spring” is published in The Valley Scribe. (page 8, 9,10)

A poem, “May Morn in Mumbai", is on page 10.

Thanks, Kathy, for this opportunity.


Lynne Hinkey

Marina Melee is in the Summer Reading List competition at Underground Book Reviews. Winners will be decided by reader votes, so please go to Underground Book Reviews and vote (early and often) for MM!

THANK YOU!


Mel Jacob

I have the following book reviews up at SFRevu.com:

  • Damnation for Beginners by Alan Campbell 
  • Destroyer of Worlds (Kingdom of the Serpent, Book 3) by Mark Chadbourn 
  • The Dragon Griaule by Lucius Shepard 
  • The Impossible Cube: A Novel of the Clockwork Empire by Steven Harper 
  • *Wind Over Troubled Waters - Book One [Kindle Edition] by Francene Stanley and Edith Parzefall
I also have book reviews up at GumshoeReview.com:
  • *Viral by James Lillefors 
  • *Getaway by Lisa Brackmann 

Mona Leeson-Vanek

Thanks to all the critters who helped me quickly; The River Journal has my Q. A. e-mail interview live online. Trish Gannon, editor/publisher wrote: "I'll let you know when they're delivered to Montana. They're at the printer now and I'm guessing will be ready for me to pick up early next week. I don't charge for the magazine. Anyone local can pick them up at a variety of places... most gas stations in north Idaho. In Montana... Bull River station, Big Sky pantry in Noxon, Gas station in trout creek, gas station in Thompson... I'll also let you know when all is online on the website.

Plus there's this: http://issuu.com/trishgannon/docs/may2012_riverjournal

Click the magazine to read, and arrow (right) page 6, "The Montana Scribbler ...... " Her introduction brought tears to my eyes and filled my heart to overflowing. It's the nicest compliment any publisher has written in regards to my Montana regional history series.


Kareen W. McCabe

I was just interviewed on Novel Reads.


Susan S. Miller

The first poem I've submitted since 2010, "Comin' Up Short," will be read before the guest interview on Accents - A Radio Show for Literature, Art and Culture on WRFL, 88.1 FM (Lexington, KY) on Friday, May 4; the show airs from 2-3 PM EDT.  You can listen to the podcast in the archive of shows (where you will find interviews with Nikky Finney and Charles Simic, among others, that might be of interest).

The host of Accents Radio is also the senior editor of Accents Publishing which is holding a chapbook contest with a deadline of June 30 - open to any poet writing in English.


Elaine Moore

My first novel, The Rest of Forever, which was critiqued in Novels-L is now available on Kindle. Thanks to Rhonda Gill for her advice, and to Ben Shipley for all his patience and formatting help. Without him, I'd still be sitting here ripping out my hair.


Edith Parzefall and Francene Stanley

While we mothers slept, our first baby was born.

Canada-based Double Dragon Publishing released the first book in the Higher Ground series, Wind Over Troubled Waters, on April 24th, during the night in Europe.

Francene Stanley lives in England, Edith Parzefall in Germany. Edith woke with cramps around two in the morning, Francene naturally an hour later.

Currently the book is on sale with a 20% discount on amazon.com, just in case you'd like to get a souvenier after all the hard work you invested in helping us make the series shine! :-)

In case you've been wondering why I hardly had time to crit or even thank people for their crits of my current wip, check out my guest blog at Deb O'Neille's.


Loretta Carrico-Russell

My latest book review is up on Internet Review of Books, The Bigamist's Daughter.


Wayne Scheer

I'll be leaving for a week in NY without my computer--call it a trial separation--but I got this going away present this morning.

My story, "What the Moon Sees," will be published in Everyday Fiction later this month.


Jack Shakely

I hope you enjoy my latest op-ed in the Los Angeles Times.


Pat St. Pierre

My poem "The Mirror" is up in the May issue of A Long Story Short. Click on poetry. My poem is about half way down.




No comments: