Monday, February 11, 2013

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues. Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody

---

William Bartlett

My monthly column in the Word from Dad feature, this month entitled "Date Night," is up at KCParent.com. It's also available in print at KC Parent Magazine.


Jacquelynn Rasmenia Massoud

My flash piece, "Whiskey Writer," is up at Literary Orphans.

Thank you so much to fiction for helping me to iron the wrinkles out of this one.

Literary Orphans is a fairly new publication for short fiction & poetry - just under a year old - so, they're not a paying market. However, they've been really pleasant to work with & do some really cool promotional things before the launch of a new issue - promotional artwork & even a video promo.


Wayne Scheer

The Nassau Review has selected my story, "The Love Song of Langley Moran," as the winner of their 2013 Writer's Award. They will publish it in their May issue and send me their prize of $250. That's like real money!

My flash, "Office Routine," is up at Pure Slush.

My story, "Selecting the Right Wine," is up at Eric's Hysterics. It's the only Internet site I know devoted to humorous fiction and poetry, and it now pays $10 for each acceptance. In addition, Eric seems like a nice guy and he pays promptly, the day of publication.

He is also publishing an anthology of humorous stories called Love Hurts. I have a story in the anthology as well.


Kareen Wade McCabe

I was featured on Mona's blog.

No comments: