Monday, July 23, 2007

IWW Members in Print and Published

A nice crop of successes for IWW writers this week. A novel and some stories, and the non-fictioneers and the poets are doing very well. Read about them here.


Elizabeth Joy Arnold:

My novel, Pieces of My Sister's Life, about the broken bonds of identical twins
living on Block Island, RI, will be published by Bantam on July 31. Publishers
Weekly said: "A winning debut. . . . This well-observed story is vibrant and rich
with the subtleties and nuances of family life. . . . Make room in [your] beach
totes."

For information, check out my website.

Thanks!


Ann Hite:

I join Wayne at Brink. My story "Ebb Tide" is up.


Kristen Howe:

Today I got my much delayed May issue of Remark in the mail. Better late than never.

Last week, I got my issue of Current Accounts with my poem in it.

There's my two recent Yahoos!


Mridu Khullar:

A piece I did on a troupe of poor blind performers who have used theatre as
therapy appears in the July issue of Elle magazine, the Indian edition.

Thanks for all the support!


Terri Main:

I sent a proposal to McGraw-Hill for a book entitled From Face-to-Face to
Cyberspace: Student Success in Online Education on Thursday. The next
day, the editor got back to me, was impressed by the completeness of the
proposal and wanted to talk with me. We talked once before after I sent her
a three paragraph "pitch" and she requested the proposal. But I'm still a
long way from publication. Now it has to go to a peer review committee and
then a publication committee, but she is excited about the project.


Shayla Mollohan:

"Whatever Remembers Us: An Anthology of Alabama Poetry"
arrived yesterday from Negative Capability Press. It's lovely, and how
amazing it is to be in the same book with Marge Piercy, Rita Dove --
wow, just so many poets I love! You can read the poem here.

It was dedicated to my grandfather that raised me (who is my daddy
for all purposes), gone 24 years this month, I believe, which is why
I'm weepy-happy. But if I'd never had anything appear in a book or
anywhere, I think this might have been enough.

Oh, the IWW is famous in the poetry South now, too! In my bio:
"She is the facilitator for Poetry-W, a sub-group of the Internet Writers
Workshop." :-)

________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

Ruth L.~ said...

What an awesome bunch IWW writers are. Congrats to all of you!