Monday, June 11, 2018

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Eric Petersen

My review of A Child Went Forth, a novel by Boston Teran, has been published by the Internet Review of Books.

Judith Quaempts

I had poems accepted at Soft Cartel and Young Ravens Literary Review. The reason The reason I'm sending out a yahoo now rather than after they're published is because both sites are still open for submissions. Young Ravens is themed.

Pamelyn Casto

Last night I got the news that I won a Second Place for my poem, Some Dogs Won't Stop Howling. As a result I'm a whole $125 richer and my poem will be
included in the organization's annual anthology (I'll also get a free copy of the anthology.)

This is my most recently written poem and it's nice to know the contest judge liked it. (Maybe this will help break my streak of not writing much poetry lately.)

Dave Gregory

Twenty-two years after writing the first draft, my story "Fool on the Hill" was published in Literally Stories on June 8. It's about a simple-minded night cleaner on Parliament Hill, in Ottawa, Canada.

The narrative voice was loosely inspired by Faulkner's Benjy Compson in *The Sound and the Fury*. Paul McCartney helped with the title.


No comments: