Monday, November 12, 2018

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Sarah Corbett Morgan

My review of the inimitable Gary Shteyngart’s novel, Lake Success, is up at The Internet Review of Books. Another novel for these Trumpian times.

Wayne Scheer

My poem, "On Not Winning the Lottery and the Wisdom of Stephen Wright," which was published a couple of weeks ago in New Verse News, has been translated into Chinese and will be published in Li Poetry Magazine out of Taiwan.

William Marr, a Chinese American poet whom I have never met, contacted me and asked if he could translate it for Li. I said sure, and he sent me his translation, which, of course, I can't read, but it's cool to have. The original poem, in English, was in New Verse News, October 27.

A story I wrote a while back, "An Old Photograph," has been accepted for publication in Flash Fiction Magazine. I don't have a publication date. This one was reviewed in Practice and Fiction, so I have a lot of people to thank.


No comments: