Monday, December 10, 2018

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Joe Follansbee

My flash fiction piece, "War of Water," was published in Still Life, a collection of stories published in 2018 by Scars Publications. The story was originally in the online magazine Children, Churches, and Daddies. The collection is available for purchase on Amazon.

Dave Gregory

My short story "Thursday Nights with Edgar" appears in the December issue of Foliate Oak Literary Magazine (University of Arkansas at Monticello). Written long before I joined the Fiction List, I once wrote this story off as unpublishable because song lyrics were central the plot.

Recently I tried revising it - merely mentioning the song title and alluding to the lyrics - and I guess this proves it worked. It's a tragic story and has one of my least likeable characters, but you'll probably end up humming the song by the end (and hating me for it).


No comments: