Monday, January 13, 2020

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Pamelyn Casto

1. I got my first acceptance for 2020 from Carmina Magazine. They published two of my haiku in their September issue (their inaugural issue) and now they've accepted one of my haibun, On Seas and Mirrors, for their March issue.

It feels good to get my first acceptance of the new year. At the end of last year I pushed myself to send a few extra things out and this acceptance is the result of that push. (Still waiting to hear about the other.)

Nice to see work in Carmina Magazine from Joanna West and Cezarija Abartis too.

2. I just discovered that MacQueen's Quinterly, a new publication that's sister publication to KYSO: Flash Fiction, lists my ekphrastic piece, A Crucible of Sighs, as one of the editor's favorite 100 pieces (out of the over 1300 published at KYSO). That was a nice surprise to find that information at the new publication's site.

See the editor's favorite 100 list at MacQueen's Quinterly and see my ekphrastic piece at KYSO Flash. I was looking around at the new publication after the editor contacted me to be sure she had my correct home address so she could mail me my free anthology that will contain my ekphrastic prose poem. Seeing my work listed as a favorite at the new publication is a nice surprise.

Wayne Scheer

Two short stories of mine, "Taking Care of Business," and "Stepping Out," have been accepted by The Literary Hatchet. Here are their Submission details.

Just so you know, most of the stories of mine they have accepted are not horror or mystery.


No comments: