Monday, February 17, 2020

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Dave Gregory

My work is in two publications! (Both are print only.) "Saipan," based on a World War Two tragedy on a beautiful island in the Pacific, appears in Firewords Magazine (UK), issue #12 & has been illustrated by Claire Scully.

"The Arrow & the Turtle," another story first told by my father and embellished by me, appears in Crack The Spine's "Neighbors" Anthology (US). target=_blank"

Thanks to Paul, Charles & Lee for some big help with the Turtle story and Paul, Lee, Deepa, David, Jacki & Eric for their helpful feedback on Saipan. By the way, since joining the Fiction List in late 2017, I've made 1000 submissions of 56 short stories to 408 literary journals. 43 stories have been accepted for publication.

Pamelyn Casto

I got a prose poem, Rank Invasion, accepted by Better Than Starbucks. It will appear in their March issue.

I also got a microfiction piece, Blocked Sewage, accepted by the Centifictionist and it too will appear in the March issue. This publication takes stories 100 words or fewer and they are partial to work about the Holocaust. (That's what my story's about.) Plus, I'm to send them answers to a short interview with me that they'll also publish in March.

And I'll have a haibun piece, On Seas and Mirrors, in the March issue of Carmina magazine.

Oh, and I'll have a poem, Eve-Pandora, in the summer issue of Gargoyle.

I'm glad I decided to send out some last-minute things to finish up 2019. Turns out March (and this summer) will be a bit more interesting for me as a result.


No comments: