Monday, May 17, 2021

IWW Members' Publishing Successes


Dave Gregory

My story, "This Monarch Can Fly" has been published in FreeFall, Issue 31.1. I owe a huge note of thanks to Deepa and Abbe Hamilton for providing helpful feedback and suggestions.

The late Paul Pekin predicted I'd publish this story with no trouble but it hit 66 rejections before it was picked up by FreeFall, a fairly prestigious Canadian print journal. They pay $10 a page, which ties my largest payment so far.

The story isn't online but the link is to last night's launch of the issue. My seven minute excerpt closes out the reading portion of the night. It starts at the 49:27 mark.

Steven K. Smith

Many thanks to Fiction list members who critted my police procedural "Axman" a couple of years ago. The Ohio Writer's Association has accepted it for their upcoming anthology "Outcasts." No publication date yet, but probably later this year.


No comments: