Monday, March 21, 2022

IWW Members' Publishing Successes For The Week Ending 3/20/22


Amita Basu

My novelette "To Decide Or Not to Decide" (10,000 words) was accepted for publication by The Courtship of the Winds. This story was accepted earlier by Piker Press, but on second thoughts I didn't like the look of the journal, so I withdrew it from there. I'm trying to focus on writing better stories, revising bad stories, and setting my sights on decent magazines.

This story wasn't critiqued on Fiction - given its length, I didn't sub it - but it benefitted from all the crits I've received on other pieces. I've learned more from this group in a short while than I can say. Big thanks to everyone at IWW.

My short story "The Why and the How," (3000 words) critiqued on IWW and published this month by Bewildering Stories, made it to their First Quarterly Review of 2022 (Editors' Choice).

Thanks again to everyone who critiqued this story. It's also in the Order of Merit - most highly rated short story, under "Hubble" and "The Perseus Arm."

Paul S. Fein

I was thrilled to learn my 2021 tennis instruction book, The Fein Points of Tennis: Technique and Tactics to Unleash Your Talent was selected as a finalist in the Foreword Reviews 2021 INDIES book competition in the Adventure, Sports, and Recreation category.

I couldn't have done it without the top-notch critiques of our Nonfiction group, plus those generous writers and editors in other groups who responded to my Offers. Thank you.

The AIPS Sport Media Awards recently announced the longlist for the Writing Best Column category. My tennis column, "Does Djokovic Have the Perfect Game?" made it. There are three remaining voting stages.


No comments: