Monday, September 19, 2022

IWW Members' Publishing Successes For The Week Ending 9/18/22


Amita Basu

Constellations Lit Mag accepted my short story "Retreat" (2,500 words) for Issue 13, themed *Uncertainty.* Constellations is an annual print-only mag in the Boston area. They work with writers on edits and proofs. Payment is one copy of the issue (don't know whether they also ship outside the US). Issues are sold via Amazon.

I used to avoid submitting to print-only mags - living in India, I might never get to see the published work. But I've discovered that many lit mags accept reprints of stories that've been previously published in print-only mags: so one can potentially get a piece published in more than one venue that way.

"Retreat" was critiqued some weeks ago on Fiction. Thank you to all list members, especially Jon Minton, Ken Hubona, Marcus T, Bill LaFond, and T J Egan.

Pamelyn Casto

OPEN: Journal of Arts & Letters published my essay, A Close Reading of Robert Bly's "Warning to the Reader." This is part of a Featured series they've asked me to do for them. You can read the Bly piece itself and read my close look essay. Hope you find it interesting and useful.


No comments: