Monday, November 21, 2022

IWW Members' Publishing Successes For The Week Ending 11/20/22


Pamelyn Casto

Three of my poems won First Places in an annual poetry contest I like to enter, so I'm a happy poet. Haiku Hospital (a poem about my inability to write good haiku) won the $100 prize. The other two poems, which won a $50 prize each, are Cold Front and When You Listen.

So now with my total winnings of $200, I can buy a vacation home in Greece! :-D The poems will also be published in the annual winner anthology, and I'll get a free copy of that, too.

Six of my pieces have been published in the Purely Lit anthology. The anthology includes my pieces titled Losing Enough, Aporia, Rank Invasion, Get You Dirty, Lilith Calls, and One Big Allusion. All of these were previously published (I like recycling).

Cezarija E. Abartis

My flash piece, "Filgree," has been published by Terrain.org. There's also my audio reading, which I flubbed only a couple times. I can't believe I wrote it in 2012, and it's coming out now, ten years later!

Wayne Scheer

The Literary Hatchet, Issue 33, will include my poem, "I Wonder If Shakespeare Had Days Like This?" and a short story, "The Howling Pussycat." They pay $5 for a poem and $10 for a story. So, if Pam Casto can buy a home in Greece on her winning poems, I can at least afford to visit her there.

The editors are a pleasure to work with. I'd suggest submitting fiction and poetry to them.


No comments: