Monday, July 3, 2023

IWW Members' Publishing Successes For The Week Ending 7/2/23


Amita Basu

My flash story "Backsides" has been republished in Literally Stories.

My 100-word story “Dig” has appeared in Fairfield Scribes Micro.

My short story “The Decision” set in ancient Greece has appeared in CommuterLit. This is a very old story which I need to revise sometime.

Fiction on the Web accepted "Fantasising" (6,000 words) for publication this July. No pay, but they let contributors publicise their future publications and/or books.

Cafe Lit published "Time" (350 words). The site's formatting is poor; no pay; I'm going to try to republish this piece elsewhere. Cafe Lit ask you to pair each submission with the drink that would go with it.

Metaworker accepted "Retreat," previously published in the Constellations anthology. Good site; no pay; they also invite all contributors to join their Discord group. I'm not familiar with Discord, but it looks like a good place to meet other writers.

Literally Stories accepted "Courage Anniversary" for publication this August. This story was previously published in Caustic Frolic and The Dillydoun Review.

Every one of these pieces was workshopped on Fiction. Thank you to everyone who read and critiqued any of these.

Bewildering Stories, where I've been a submissions reader for a year or so, invited me to join their Review Board. I'll be reading and voting on all the pieces in each weekly issue. We compile a Quarterly Review and Annual Review listing the best pieces published in that time.


No comments: