Monday, June 4, 2007

IWW Members in Print!

NFICTION member Paul Fein won 1st Place for previously published nonfiction in the 2007 CNW/FFWA Florida State Writing Competition with his article Tennis for the Bloody Fun of It.

Katherine Highcove writes "I went to Shine's website to read my fellow critters pieces. I had forgotten that I sent Shine two flash fiction pieces sometime -- To Each His Own."

Alice Folkart writes "My story, Island Music, appears in the June issue of Shine ... The Journal. It roses out of a piece I did for Practice-W about a year ago. I don't know much about the editor. I just followed the submission guidelines. She got back to me within 24 hours and said she liked the piece and would put it in the June issue (I subbed it in either March or April - so it was a fairly long lead time).

Louisa Howerow says "About three years ago I subbed a story, Crazy Dreams to non-fiction and received helpful feedback. Thank you. I sat on it until January of this year. June Gallant from non-fiction encouraged me to send out my Canadian stories and kindly supplied with me with market possibilities. Big thank you to June! Crazy Dreams appears in the 2007 April/May issue of the small print magazine, CANADIAN STORIES (approximately 61 pages, 8 1/2 x 11, black and white photographs and drawings, glossy cover). The magazine is distributed across Canada, by subscription to individuals, institutions, Bed and Breakfast inns etc. and available in various outlets for individual purchase. The magazine has faithful advertisers, subscribers, sponsors and grants from the Canadian Magazine Fund (a government initiative). CANADIAN STORIES accepts stories (fiction and non-fiction, including stories for children), poems and limericks about people, places and things in Canada, past or present."

No comments: