Monday, July 30, 2007

IWW Members in Print and Published

Not many today--after all, it's summertime and the livin' is easy! But the ones
we have are choice.


Robert Hyers

My fiction piece, "Channeling Fitzgerald," is now up at
Fictionville. To read it, just click here.

Thank you to everyone who critted the original and revised versions!


Carey Link

Whatever Remembers Us:An Anthology of Alabama Poetry has been
released by Negative Capability Press. I'm pleased to have a poem in the
volume. Thank you for your encouragement! For those interested in
purchasing a paperback copy the information is below:

Negative Capability Press
62 Ridgelawn Drive East
Mobile, AL. 36608-6116

Paperback cost: $24.00 per copy, plus $ 3.50 for shipping/handling


Wayne Scheer

Notre Dame Magazine accepted, "Wayne Has Left the Building," a
nonfiction essay about my decision to take an early retirement. As
always, thanks to all who critiqued this one.

This is really an example of patience and perseverance. I wrote the piece
about a year ago and sent it out to a number of print and online publications,
ranging from AARP to Christian Science Monitor to flashquake. It was
rejected outright by all. Even my usually reliable Dana Literary Magazine
didn't want it.

Each time, I fiddled with it a bit and sent it somewhere else. Two weeks
ago, I tried Notre Dame Magazine and today the editor said she'd like to buy
it for $400. That's like real money.

This confirms my belief that publishing is a matter of connecting the work
with the right editor. Sometimes it takes a while; other times you get lucky
and it finds a home right off. Patience and perseverance. And luck.

At any rate, I feel good.

_______________________________________________________________

No comments: