Monday, September 17, 2007

IWW Members in Print and Published

It's amazing! Every week, our members make us proud to be associated
with the Internet Writing Workshop. Here are this week's triumphs.


Ruth Douillette

Hi,

I'll have a previously published piece appear in the first edition of
Ann Hite's new publication The Painted Door, which will make its
debut on October 15. My essay called "What If?" was published
previously in Segue's Under Our Skin:Literature of Breast
Cancer
.



Ann Hite

Here's another book review I did for The Feminist Review. It's
about a book of poetry and essays written by musicians. Enjoy.



Kristen Howe

Soul Fountain has accepted one of my three poems, "Wallflower" for
the fall issue. I'll get a copy of it in my mail. That's my second
submission to the market. Hooray! I'll let you know when.

I self-published my poem "Internet Dating" at Redbridge Review.
(Last year you had to wait to be accepted.) It's now an official Yahoo
and now in print.

Pulse has accepted my poem, "Stargazing," my first attempt at
emblematic poems, while rejecting the other two poems I submitted (I
believe.) It's also an official Yahoo and now in print.



Louisa Howerow

A very short, light piece that I wrote for Practice-w (find a sale ad) is
up in Clever Magazine: "For Sale: One
Wedding Dress"


A number of IWW members have also had pieces published in past
issues of themagazine, which accepts short fiction, essays (personal, travel,
environment, pets), poetry, book and movie reviews, book lists,
humor, and work for young readers. Guidelines and themes for each
issue can be found here.

Thank you for the Practice group prompt and the input!


Ellen Kombiyil

Two poems, "Flying" and "Honeycomb" in Sojourn, an annual print
publication out of UT Dallas. Both poems were critiqued on the
Poetry list. Many thanks to all who offered their insights and helped
me shape these poems into their final forms.


Bob Liter

Ann Hite tells me she plans to publish my short story "Elementary" in her October
issue of her new Internet magazine, The Painted Door. It's an honor to be included.


Gary Presley

One of those wise old Romans, Seneca by name, said "The less we
deserve good fortune, the more we hope for it."

I always wanted to crack Creative Nonfiction Magazine. Ain't done it
yet, but I finally (fifth or sixth try) did crack its little brother,
Brevity.

A brief (what else could it be, right?) extract from my memoir is in
the newly-posted Fall 2007 issue . . . "Proselegy and Coda"

I didn't submit this to NFICTION, but the charming and lovely
Shayla Mollohan, IWW's Poetry admin, read it and advised me how
to eliminate the points where it clunked and wheezed.


Bob Sanchez

Didn't win the Author of the Year award given this year by the
Friends of the Branigan Memorial Library in Las Cruces. Ah, well.
But in their awards program, they published this review:

"When Pigs Fly is a fast paced, action-oriented quest. Better still it's
funny, laugh ut loud funny. Bob Sanchez has created a very
humorous tale of mis-adventure, sparkling with unique and
believable characters. It is packed with plot twists, humor and a
picture of the great Southwest. Once you start reading When Pigs
Fly, you will not want to put it down until the last page."

That review is a pretty decent consolation prize, I think. (In fact, they
gave my submission a better review than the one they gave to the
winner!)


Joanna M. Weston

Four poems up at Raven Poetry: Online Poetry Journal.

This is a new one - so get in there fast before they get overloaded with
subs! And I'm on a roll for the moment!

_______________________________________________________________

No comments: