Monday, June 23, 2008

IWW Members in Print and Published

Here we are, summer's here, everybody should be loafing, and our members are still getting published! Or maybe they're just collecting after a hard winter's work. In any case, it's another good week.

Carter



Pam Casto

Here's a little blurb I recently received from the editor/publisher who invited me to submit my article. I am so honored that I get to keep company in this collection with some very gifted writers. Not only that, but I was fortunate enough to get the extraordinary writer Robert Hill Long to provide me with an example story for my article. Here's the blurb (and there are several other really fine writers not mentioned in the blurb-- twenty-five authors altogether):

The Rose Metal Press Field Guide to Writing Flash Fiction:
Tips from Editors, Teachers, and Writers in the Field

Edited by Tara L. Masih - SPRING 2009

This collection of short essays on flash fiction, which also includes exercises, example stories, and a reading list, will be essential reading for teachers and writers of fiction. The recent explosive growth of the short short story genre has changed the literary landscape, and The Rose Metal Press Field Guide to Writing Flash Fiction offers a broad and engaging look at the genre from celebrated masters of the form. Contributors include Ron Carlson, Michael Martone, Pamela Painter, Robert Shapard, Pamelyn Casto, Robert Olen Butler, Julio Ortega, Lex Williford, Sherrie Flick, Nathan Leslie, and many more. Look for the collection on preorder next winter at www.rosemetalpress.com


Peggy Duffy

Minor Yahoo, but my fan page is finally up at Sniplits.


Jayne Pupek

Two of my poems--"Dinner Party" and "Lives in Decline"---appear online in the new issue of The Dirty Napkin.


Lesli Richardson

I'm going to be interviewed on BlogTalkRadio by Jordana Ryan on Friday, 6/27/08, 2 p.m. Eastern time. Whoo hoo!

The semi-yahoo is that my book Love & Brimstone is under contract with Amira Press, but I don't have the release date yet (still in final edits). I do have cover art, VERY cool, I love it.

I'm so stoked! My first interview as an "author!" Whoo hoo!

Once I have the firm release date I'll Yahoo! it. :)


Wayne Scheer

Just a quick note to let you know that an old story of mine, "The American Dream," is up at Ken*Again. I've revised this one through the years. I finally found an editor who liked the story and the way I ended it.

An early version of it was critiqued in Fiction.


Joanna M. Weston

Two poems, "Emergency" and "Cold Story" in Tower Poetry. And two poems, "Lover" and "The Best," in Write on! Both are the Summer editions, both are print magazines with online presence.

Two poems, "City Goodbye" and "Those far away," up at 7 Beats, with many thanks to the Poetry List for their help. Scroll down to the photo of a busy city street, about 1/4 way down.

Also a mini Yahoo: I've put "The Ballad of the Bike" on my website. This poem was in response to one of our monthly challenges and, with many thanks to those who critted (also for the four poems above), I thought it was worth an airing just for the fun of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: