Tuesday, November 4, 2008

IWW Member's Novel Published


Mark Budman says that his "novel My Life at First Try published by Counterpoint Press has been well received by the press: Publishers Weekly, Kirkus and Booklist.

Publisher's Weekly noted "The novel is hilarious, eye-opening and, by the end, a little depressing. It's tough not to have Alex's buoyant energy rub off on the reader."

Kirkus Review says Born in what is today the Republic of Moldova, Budman applies his memories of life in Soviet Russia and his sardonic observations of life in America to his witty semi-autobiographical debut."

Mark says about his journey into print ...


The publishing of this book was a roller coaster. Seven NYC agents wanted to represent it. When I chose one, we clashed over the editing immediately. So I switched to my present agent who was able to market the novel successfully to Counterpoint Press. And then the owner of Counterpoint sold the company. Subsequently, they had a layoff and my editor lost her job. So my book was in a limbo for several months until they assigned me a new editor. But now the book is published, I garnered good reviews and I am looking for good readers.

My Life at First Try is available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble and others.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Way to go Mark!!! Congratulations! It looks like you're getting good reviews from respected venues.

Dawn